Friday, June 09, 2006

Treasured Friendships

As the reality of this move sets in, I reflect on the past couple of months and all that has transpired. What stands out above everything else is the time I've spent with people. I've been blessed with knowing so many wonderful people in my 23 years in Southern California. These past few years in particular, God has shown me the importance of relationships. I used to be "too busy" to get together with friends, as my life focused more on business and being successful.

But now as we prepare to leave for Oregon, I know what I will leave behind of greatest value are the people. I know we will still keep in touch, but I will miss the laughter, the smiling faces, and the warm hugs.

Thank you for the lunches, dinners and parties! I'm 5 pounds heavier now, so I guess I'll just translate that into taking a little piece of all of you with me!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Cyd. You will be missed! But strangely, you don't feel so far (especially with this blog stuff). Or maybe I'm still in denial about you leaving? As for the house... dude, that's huge! And what a fun city name. I hope you meet happy (hearted) people in Happy Valley :) Your sister in Christ, ann
The Lord bless you and keep you...

Anonymous said...

Sam & Ming say:

We will miss all of you. Have a safe journey and we will have to arrange eating points in San Francisco or Vancouver!