Tuesday, June 13, 2006

"See you later!"

Yesterday the emotions of leaving friends became a reality -- I had my last hair appointment with Grace before I leave. I've been so busy packing I guess it just didn't seem real. But it does now. I'm fine if nobody starts crying....we tried to say goodbye without saying "goobye". Let's see....for two Hawaiian kinda gals, "Aloha!" seemed appropriate, because Aloha has so many meanings besides just hello and goodbye. It ended with "see you later!" and I could no longer hold back the tears. I know this isn't the last time I'll see her or everyone else, for that matter. I feel so connected. Like with Chinese adoption, they talk about the invisible red thread. I am connected...and not to this place, but to the people -- my friends.

Last night my Accountability Group met for dinner. I fully expected to be crying by the time we left the restaurant, but that's not what happened. True to form, these women love to have a good time. The evening was spent with good food and much laughter. And again..."See you later!" Even though we wanted to leave it that way, create the illusion that I'm not really leaving, just going on a long vacation....I do want to say...."Until the next time...."

No comments: