Saturday, June 17, 2006

Made it to Sacramento!

Whew...7 hours of driving and we're in Sacramento. It's hot...100 degrees. I'm surprised I actualloy drove the entire way with no relief except for two stops! Didn't think I had it in me, but it was actually rather nice.

This morning our friends the Nelsen's gave us a wonderful send off by inviting us to breakfast. It was a very emotional departure to be saying goodbye to our neighbors and driving away from our home. Megan finally understood what it really means and cried. She said she will miss all her friends and was very sad because she didn't get a chance to say goodbye to her friend Hope. I pray that she likes where we're going and that once we are settled she will be happy.

I don't think its completely sunk in yet....just like when my dog Tori died, I didn't really grieve for months. I am guessing because of the busyness, it will be the same again.

I miss you all.

No comments: