Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Ready to Come Home



Okay, I'm ready to get on the plane...unfortunately we are here for another SIX DAYS!!! This has been a long journey. It's a little harder when you have baby and big sister--trying to keep both of them happy. Fortunately, there are so many wonderful families in the group, and other kids Megan's age. She's made some great friends and we will miss them all when we leave China. We hope that this group will keep in touch and have annual reunions like our other group.

I've been sick for a couple of days....still not feeling 100% and baby Erin has a bit of congestion as well. Yesterday was a tough day...first time I thought..."What am I doing? Was I out of my mind? I'm too old for this." But how can you look at the face of this little angel and not feel blessed?

We are so blessed with a wonderful family...one that I've always prayed for. Our two older boys have grown into wonderful young men, and the two girls are bringing added joy to our lives.

3 comments:

Sam said...

Hey Cyd!
Sorry you aren't feeling well! Living in a hotel is hard enough, but add in two kids, a foreign country and not feeling well... Wow! You're in my prayers. I hope you feel better soon. Hang in there!
Sam

Anonymous said...

"Our two older boys have grown into wonderful young men..."

Better keep it at one for now :P

Anonymous said...

We can't wait to see you 4.
If there is anything we can do to help you when you arrive in Portland, do let us know.

We miss you.
We hope all are feeling better.

Jodi and family