Saturday, July 01, 2006

SHOPPING!

Yesterday and today were shopping days! The reality of going to China in about 6 weeks and getting a baby younger than we had planned on sent us to Babies R Us. I remember that place! Absolutely loved it because the clothes were cute and cheap! Well, the bargains were still there and I got some cute outfits for little Erin. The best part....NO SALES TAX!!! So when it says its $6.99, that's what it is!!! Woohoo!





We also ventured to an area we were told had a lot of Asian restaurants and markets. We found a great marketplace less than 10 miles away that just opened a few months ago. The market was stocked with all different kinds of Asian foods. I was in heaven! Bought a large stash of rice crackers!! Pauline, there was a Malaysian restaurant there! Darrall was very excited to see Singapore Chili Crabs on the menu!

I still need to venture to Beaverton to the big Japanese market, but for now, this will do!

Today we went to the Woodburn Company Stores outlet. They had a big sidewalk sale and I again bought stuff for baby Erin and Megan from the Carter's outlet. Pretty much like any other outlet mall (just as the major malls here look like OC malls...not sure why I was expecting anything different), except again...NO SALES TAX!!! So this time...outfits for $5!!!!

No comments: