Can hardly believe it but its finally happening! Tomorrow morning we sign documents so I am guessing Thursday we'll close on the new house. It's been so hectic with so much to do. I haven't finished packing the rental yet, and we'll be moving our boxes out of storage on Saturday.
I'm guessing it will take a good month to even feel somewhat settled and maybe by the end of the year, I'll have everything put away. I'm going to take my time and make sure everything where I want it to be so I don't have to move it around. Yes, I've got a spreadsheet going on all storage space and how I'm going to organize it!
I'm excited for the girls to finally be in their home. It's been tough for everyone living in temporary housing, with much of Megan's toys and books in storage. She was so excited when we were able to move some of the furniture from storage to the new house. Seeing our old furniture gave her a sense of security. As for Erin, she's probably wondering what's going on...poor thing, in just two months time, she's gone from the orphanage in China to a hotel room in Los Angeles, to a rental in Happy Valley, and now to our permanent home.
I had every intention of cleaning the new house by myself. But spending just one day trying to clean the place up I realized I was out of my mind!
Autumn is upon us and we are enjoying the splendor of God's beauty here in Oregon. It's hard to describe it, but I will post photos as soon as I can. Today the clouds were low, the air was crisp and the view from the window was breathtaking. Such a simple thing as colors -- vibrant reds, orange and yellow. My friend Amanda mentioned how beautiful it was, but I had no idea, since when thinking about Oregon, I think of pine trees, forgetting the many varieties of maples and other colorful plants.
Got to get back to packing!
1 comment:
Cyd & Darrall,
Congratulations on the move! Could you please post your new address.
Thanks, and don't forget to post the pictures :-)
CRS
Post a Comment