Saturday, September 29, 2007

A Season of Rest

Recently, an opportunity presented itself to co-lead a mom's group at church. They are starting up something new called Moms Life and I quickly began thinking about leading a small group. They haven't launched it yet, and because of the delays, I had time to really think about this year and what God has planned for me. Ultimately, I decided this isn't what I'm supposed to be doing.

For the first time since moving to Oregon, I have some free time. With Erin in preschool and enjoying meeting new friends, I have some freedom to do things. I've hired a trainer two days a week and try to get all my errands taken care of during that time. I'm starting to do things with other women -- walking for exercise and soon stamping and scrapbooking. I went to a cooking group event on Friday evening. It was so much fun and a great opportunity for fellowship with other Christian women. The food was great too!

Slowly, I'm starting to understand that this school year is my season of rest. Last year was all about adjusting to our new lives in Oregon, new baby, new house, Megan's new school, etc. Now that the dust has settled and everyone is into a routine, I have time to start enjoying the new friendships.

Life is good and I feel so blessed.

No comments: