Monday, June 04, 2007

Season of Changes

Can't believe my third post of the day, but this one is more philosophical....

If you've been keeping up with my blog, you know there have been many struggles during this journey. I heard a pastor say how sometimes God lets us go through the struggles because its something we need to grow and change. Our journey was never meant to be easy and problem-free. Following God doesn't mean everything is roses. Many times when we think God has abandoned us and left us to deal with life's challenges. We get angry and focus on why He's allowing us to go through this. But we're not looking at the "why" the same way He is. I know for me when I ask why, its more about wanting Him to take away the pain or make it easier.

But just as an athlete begins his training in pursuit of excellence, to improve his performance and make him stronger; God sometimes allows us to go through the struggles and pains to make us spiritually stronger and build our character. It's difficult to grasp it at the time we are going through it, but I hope as the years go by, it gets a little easier for me to recognize that.

Some friends of ours are going through some struggles. They made a lot of sacrifices and changes in their lives, in order to pursue a better life for their children and family. Things haven't worked out quite as they have hoped. However, I believe sometimes they don't work out quite as we hoped, because God has something even better in store for us. People get comfortable in the lives they've built and the thought of changing careers, moving, changing the dynamics of the family, etc, are farthest from our minds. But God doesn't want us to just be comfortable. He wants us to pursue life with passion and be open to new opportunities that we may not have considered before.

God may be leading you in a new direction. I pray that your heart is open to His direction and plan for you. It may be a season of change. I hope you embrace it!

1 comment:

mom-with-activekids said...

Cyd, what an insightful post as I adjust to being a stay-at-home mom of my two girls! hugs & blessings, Laryn