Monday, March 05, 2007

The Blessing of Friendships

Lately as you can see from my recent posts, I've been struggling with feeling like this is home. I love Oregon and all that it has to offer. I am thankful for the people who've befriended our family, but I really miss my friends.

I didn't think making new friends would be so tough. It's hard being the "new kid on the block", where other mothers have known each other for years and you feel like an outsider looking in. You never truly realize how special your friendships are, until you are a thousand miles away, not able to see them every week or every day.

But this weekend I realize how blessed I am, with friendships that I pray will endure time and distance. I think about the women who have touched my life and who I realize would drop everything and come to Oregon if I needed them to. These are the blessings that count the most.

This weekend two of them came to visit. Doris and Pauline left their families behind to spend the weekend hanging out with me. We laughed a lot, cried a little, ate a lot, talked a lot, and SHOPPED! As Pauline kept saying..."No sales tax!". It was a fun weekend that replenished a drained soul.

I wish they could have stayed longer, but I am grateful for the time we had.

May you be blessed with the gift of friendship.

2 comments:

Teresa said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Teresa said...

i'm glad to hear you got some much needed chicken soup for the soul this weekend with the gals. Praise God! I pray that this will be just the begining of countless more to come. Our father is soooo abundant. Hang it there Cyd...He knows your heart and needs.