


We arrived home from our Thanksgiving vacation to find a light dusting of snow on the ground and especially on our balcony. We heard it might snow on Tuesday morning so I encouraged Megan to wait til morning. We were not disappointed! It was just a light dusting, but enough to build a small snowman!
Megan and I were on the balcony and must have looked crazy to anyone who saw us. Those crazy Californians! Megan was so excited and wanted to have a snowball fight. I scraped up enough snow for that and to make a small snowman. She got a baby carrot and some Oreo cookie sticks for his arms and eyes.
After taking her to school, I was driving down the hill and it was snowing very lightly and
I got teary-eyed thinking about how beautiful it was and how thankful I was that we were here in Oregon. Sounds corny, but this is the life I have longed for. Away from the hustle and bustle -- crazy drivers and traffic, dry and hot all the time, crowds, noise, air pollution -- to a simpler life where people are polite, the streets aren't so crowded, the change of seasons.
I hope you all had a blessed Thanksgiving. For me there is so much to be thankful for -- most importantly family, friends and our health. I am thankful for the old friends who I miss and love talking to and seeing from time to time. I am thankful for the new friends we've made here in Oregon. I am thankful for our children - Eric, Brian, Megan and Erin. I am thankful for all of our extended family and friends.
1 comment:
sniff sniff.....
You are getting me all choked up.
The weather here in Portland is so lovely- how lucky we are to enjoy these seasons.
So glad to have you here.
Jodi
Post a Comment