Sunday, July 19, 2009

Oh A Camping We Will Go....

Summer has been busy, busy, busy. Actually since May, we've been camping three times in Oregon and Washington. We've been fortunate to have beautiful weather.

Our first trip in May with the Denhams was to Foster, Oregon. There was a lake but not much activity on it. The campground seemed more like a park than camping, since there was a playground and regular restrooms. It was the first time camping for the Denhams so it was probably a good choice. Foster is Southeast of Portland, about a couple hours away.




Over the 4th of July weekend we headed North to Camp Ike Kinswa in Southern Washington with our neighbors the Parkers. Forgot to take our camera so the photos are from my cell phone and not the best quality. I can't stay still long enough for the photos to not be blurry!



Though we equally enjoyed camping with all our friends, to date, our latest trip to Lost Lake was the best. The view and setting was spectacular and of course, we got to spend time with Eric and May. Our campsite was top notch too. The only downside, we didn't catch any trout for dinner. Darrall and I got to row a boat on the lake while Erin continually voiced "I'm hungry. I'm thirsty." The photos say more than I can!










No comments: