Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Catching Up With the Ladies

Whew, this past month has flown by! So much going on, beginning with a special visit from three friends Doris, Pauline and Joyce in October. It was just three days, but what a wonderful time eating, shopping, eating, shopping, eating, and watching movies until late at night. This was Joyce's first trip up here. Little did she know what she was getting herself into by coming with Doris and Pauline! For someone who doesn't like shopping much or staying up REALLY late, she hung in with the best of them! And, those crazy Southern California gals actually ran two mornings! It was cold and a little rainy!

I was so happy to see them and just hang out. There's a level of comfort that hasn't changed, even though we're 1,000 miles away and if I'm lucky, that they grace me with their presence twice a year! I'm pushing them for the additional family vacation to Oregon. Darrall's a great tour guide! He loves exploring new places! Anyone up for hiking, camping, fishing, boating, skiing????

Okay, one comment I have to make about their trip. They came...and so did the rain. They left... and so did the rain! You know, I'm starting to believe the "conspiracy theory" that Oregonians talk about. "Come for a visit, then go home!" Let them all think it rains all the time and then they won't want to stay.

So here are pictures of Happy Valley and the beautiful weather we've been having! It rained twice in the past month.....so much for growing webbed feet!



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ummmm....this taking pictures stuff while your driving has to stop, or is it that you have Meggie stand through the sunroof to shoot 'em?