Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Prayers for Megan

I'd like to ask my friends to pray for Megan and her adjustment to life in Oregon. Recently she's been saying she wants to go back to California. I know she loves it here, but at the same time, she misses her friends back there. She misses going to Calvary Christian school, the friends at gymnastics, and in the old neighborhood.


She has made a lot of friends here. There are a lot of girls around. Some neighbors and some classmates. But its still hard being the new kid on the block. Yes, we've been here for almost a year now, but her friends have grown up together and having deep bonds. Sometimes she feels she's on the outside trying to get in. I can totally relate to being on the outside and wanting to build friendships with women who have raised their kids together and shared years of experiences.

She also sees others with older siblings that can play together. With Erin being 5 years younger and just a tot, they really don't do much together. Megan also takes a back seat many times to the attention Erin gets, just because she's a baby and needs more attention.

I pray that she finds friends to enjoy this summer and that its the beginning of some lasting friendships.

2 comments:

Teresa said...

We'll pray for Megan.

Unknown said...

As much as Douglas's misses Megan he always remembers her in his prayers.
We'll continue to pray.

Love, Nadine & Douglas