Sunday, April 29, 2007

Enjoying a Spring Day

"I think I'll help daddy mow the lawn."

I've decided that Spring is my favorite season of the year here in Oregon. People had told me that Fall and Spring are beautiful but I am in awe of the vibrant colors and the many shades of green. Flowers are in abundance. Every type of tree, shrub, bush and bedding plant in a spectrum of colors!

I didn't know what a dogwood tree was, but we went to the nursery to pick out a baby tree to plant in our front side. I love these trees!

As I sit in my office, taking in the view of the hills and trees, I am thankful for the blessings in my life. All the things money can't buy....an appreciation for nature that I didn't have before; new friends we've made and old friendships we cherish; and the renewed spirit that Spring seems to bring.

God bless you!

1 comment:

Teresa said...

Hi Cyd!
Has anyone told you that your writing is very poetic and illustrative. It's beautiful to read.

The dogwood tree, which I gather is the pinkish leafed tree, is gorgeous. i'm gonna have to get me one of those. i wonder if it's apropros for california whether? hmmmmm.